Need help Fiji + Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wake4rick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello everyone
I am planning a trip with my buddies in January. I would like to find a good place and nitrox in Fiji. Can any one help me? It seems that Nitrox is truly Voodoo gas in Fiji.

Rick

Bula Rick,

While Nitrox isn't pervasive in Fiji, there are some places that offer it (and more coming). Where will you be staying, or what part of the country are you interested in? If you let me know those things I can probably tell you who offers it in the area (if any) or who to check with. You might also try the group 'All About Fiji Scuba Diving' on LinkedIn or Facebook.

Hey Fiji Dive Guy, how about Nitrox on Taveuni??

As far as I know, the only place with Nitrox in Taveuni is Paradise Taveuni down on the south end. Qamea (just off Taveuni) also has it. Both have just put it in. Nobody in Kadavu offers Nitrox. The liveaboards (including Nai'a and Tui Tai) also offer it. Tui Tai is the only one that regularly dives Somosomo.

Thanks, FDG. I'll be on Tav next March and likely will go for nitrox for the couple of days I plan a few repetitives. I'll go with air when we go deeper.

I dove with Cousteau in Savusavu. They offered nitrox. However, I didn't end up using it. The day we went to Namena it would have been useful as I really had to keep my eye on my NDL on the second dive. I want to say it was F$25 a fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom