Need help finding battery in Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jujulin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok guys. I'm sure this is an easy one but I need help. Need to find a battery for my dive computer. Thought I had an extra but it's dead. Where can I find a CR2450 in Coz???
Thanks in advance!

Try Aldora

You might also try Mega. They should have them in the electronics section

Mega often has these, but occasionally they don't.

Pro-Dive will definitely have them, but you'd better be sitting down when they tell you the price.

Cozumel Scuba Repair should have them as well and won't gouge as much as Pro-Dive.

I would second Mega for the battery source.

If you are diving with an operator, they may get a discount at Pro-dive, or another shop. When I lost my mask....yes, I was THAT guy.....I got a discount on an aqua lung mask at Pro-dive because I was diving with Blue Magic. that made it just a few dollars higher than leisure pro prices. (Only mask that fit) A computer battery won't make that much difference, but on a $100 mask, 10 bucks made a ouch difference to cover a burrito at Burritos Gorditos and a Bohemia Obscura.

wish I was tHere....woke up to an inch of ice, sliding cars, frozen cattle troughs, and....work. Have fun!!

Jay

and if you can not find the exact battery, consider using a "suitable" replacement.

cr2450 is 24.5 mm in diameter and provides 3.0 volts,high current of 3.0 mA

cr2032 is 20mm in diamter and provides 3.0 volts at 3 mA. so you may be able to slip one in with a little cardboard padding around the outside.

you may also be able to source 2 thin 1.5 volt batterys as a replacement.

List of battery sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope you learned a valuable lesson about what to include in your save-a-dive kit.

+1 on Aldora---they ought to have 'extras'..........

Thanks for the info guys! I found one at Scuba Cozumel, and yes!, it hurt!! Lol But now I'm all set! As for my save a dive kit, I had a brand new one but it was dead. From now on I will have 2 or 3 back ups!

Back
Top Bottom