Need help planning!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am heading to Thailand for three weeks from mid-Dec until the beginning of January. I am so excited! I am planning on diving my butt off but I need some help with planning because I am on a tight budget. This is my first trip since I got my first real adult job so funds are still tight but I promised myself something since I am now a Real Adult with a Real Job and I want to dive so badly.

The route I had planned out was Phuket (Similan & Richelieu), Koh Lanta, Koh Phi Phi and finally Ko Lipe. I've really been looking into doing a liveaboard out of Phuket, even if only for 3 nights because of my budget, because I really want to dive a lot. I looked over diving on the Andaman side and tanks are easily $40 a piece all through those islands! This is going to make it hard to dive my butt off! I know Koh Tao is cheaper, but I heard there's not that much there to dive for and especially not for a whole three weeks.

I'd really like to avoid dorms since I go to bed early, don't do the partying thing, more of an introvert. Looking at paying no more than $15/night, $20 max.

Would anyone be able to offer suggestions? I'm open to just about anything to make this trip happen and still be able to afford it. My heart is quite set on Thailand though so if I could stay in that area it wold be great. Thanks for any advice offered!

Back
Top Bottom