Need help - PT-010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kouger

Reaction score
I need help - I have an Olympus C3000 that takes great pictures. I bought the PT-010 about a year ago and have only used it a dozen times. The last dive, I noticed the zoom lever was cracked (where the screw holds it in place). Well I had a friend of mine try to make another lever for me but it just cracked when trying to tighten it down on the metal shutter.
I know that they don't make these cases or the pieces for them, but I was hoping that perhaps someone out there had a spare or a broken case that I could buy and use the part for mine.
If you have any other ideas, please, please let me know. The case is useless without the zoom lever???
Thanks
Stuart

PS: Please e-mail me at stuartzimmelman@spherion.com

Try contacting Backscatter.com by phone (831-645-1082). They may have a PT-010 they use for spare parts. They sold me a used zoom lever spring when mine broke.

Have you tried JB Weld to fix yours? The "KWIK" version sets in 4 minutes. Try applying it then immediately clamping the lever till it sets. That stuff works great on just about anything I have used it on.

Back
Top Bottom