need help quick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goatboy_k

Reaction score
hi everyone, im in the middle of making a goodman light adaptor.

i need the diameter of a C-cell mag light tube (the part the batteries go it) very quick before i have to leave work

tolerance to the .001 if you can do it please

thanks all for a quick reply

kurt

I have no idea how big the Maglite tube is for a C-cell light... frankly I don't care. The only Maglites worth having have at least 3 D cells...

But, here's the info on the C-cell battery:
Specifications call for it to be 26mm in diameter, 46mm in length. Allowed tolerance is +/- 1mm. The length may increase if an endcap is used (which most do).

Source: http://www.powerstream.com/Size.htm

i agree, i own the 6 d cell myself, but the part is not for me, it is for a custom dive light that uses the housing from a c-cell. thanks anyway

kurt

well, it's safe to assume that its inside diameter is at least 27mm.

What exactly are you needing anything closer for?

Remember, the manufacturing tolerances of the Maglites may not be any more that 1/10th (or even larger) of a mm -- you don't know their specs.

yes i realize that everyone has tolerances for their parts, i'm building a goodman light adapter for someone and need a pretty close measurement off someone's light because the adapter uses what somepeople call a split ring, the ring can only crush so far so you have to be within about .005 or so otherwise it won't even go in, or it won't crush enough to grab the shaft (light).

here are some pictures to show where im at now, the bore is roughed to within .025 of where i think it will end up, so not finished quite yet

the part is machined from solid brass with bead blasted finish. the two screws next to each other is for mounting to the handle, the countersunk screw is for crushing the ring. the grooves in the outsite are to take some weight out, it will prob add some lightning holes for more weight reduction after i figure out exactly where the bore will fall

enjoy

kurt

KrisB,

Mag-Lites aren't even worth having. The only light worth having is the Ultrastinger rechargeable. LOL

Now with that said...

Kurt the measurement is 1.255 inches outside diameter. The ring looks great and thanks for making it for me, I really appreciate it.

Let me know if there is anything more you need.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom