need help quick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.080 aluminum about 1 inch wide, bent to fit around your hand, big enough to be adjustable for the thickness of the gloves you're wearing and held together with SS screws and cap nuts.

I got the material at work but I have seen strips of the same material at Lowe's and Home Depot.

I may have to re-make the handle depending on how the adapter goatboy is making fits. But that's not to difficult.

Scott

i cut the bolt hole spacing according to the print you gave me. the light is gonna mount pretty low to the handle so you might have clearance issues with the bell part depending on where you put them in the handle, might have to move forward to give the bell room to clear, but if you used the same spacing between holes the adapter will fit

kurt

ive been thinking about making a small run of these after the adapter project, got most of the kinks worked out with this prototype.

i could prob turn out a whole handle assembly. that is handle + an adaptor sized to whatever light your running. For somewhere in the $75 dollar range depending on what you wanted it made out of. Brass, Stainless, and exotics like Titaninum would be more depending on material costs. Aluminum would prob be the cheapest route.

if you have something in mind let me know. What size light your using and what material your intrested in. I can make whatever you want just have to let me know.

by the way padipro, your adaptor is in the mail.

kurt

Kurt,

I disambled the light this evening and installed the adapter. Everything looks great and there was only one problem that I overcame but is a pain.

The clamping screw for the split ring is just slightly below the edge of the inside of the adapter and interferes with the body of the light head. I had to completely remove the screw to install the adapter on the light and then had a hard time re-installing the screw. I finally got it started and tightened down but it left a hefty mark in the body of the light head.

I think you were right about installing a few lightning holes in the adapter, it's very heavy and could be lightened up a bit. The taper on the one end is a little off, the angle looks as though it may be open a bit to much or not deep enough. There is just a slight gap between the adapter and the light head.

All in all it's a damn good idea and a very well made part. Thanks again. I'll post all of the pictures I took of it on the MSN site for everyone to see.

Pictures

Scott

yea i noticed that the screw was coming into the bore abit when i finished it up. I ended up putting all the bolt holes in before i did the final bore. Since i didn't know the final bore size the bolt holes kinda landed where my best guess was. when i found out the final bore size and put it in the screw came out a bit. As far as the angle goes i didn't really have anything to measure off of so it was my best guess as well. And yes i agree it could prob use some lightning holes.

Some flaws i agree, but theres always small problems with the first version of anything. Now that we know what to look for I can eliminate those problems from future versions.

kurt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom