Need help with sea sickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When necessary I have used TripTone. I have found that one pill 30 minutes before boat time is effective. Many dive shops carry it.

Hi Scubagolf,

See my immediately prior post.

Triptone=dimenhydrinate. It may pose risks to the diver --> PPI - The Psychometric and Cardiac Effects of Dimenhydrinate in the Hyperbaric Environment

As an aside, it appears you may enjoy both SCUBA and golf. If so, how does this look to you? --> Floating Golf Course Being Planned Off Shores of the Maldives (Photos) - Golf - NESN.com

Regards,

DocVikingo

If you want to try a Ginger option, Elite Ginger Oil works better than the dry powder versions and is very inexpensive -->

http://www.elitelab.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=61[/URL]

After ten years of all the various meclizines, dramamines, and all the other stuff, I found relief form the Scopolamine Patch -- I spewed only twice during the whole three-day trip. Usually, I feed the fishies twice on the way out. Then once or twice at anchor, then twice on the way in . . .

The dry mouth sucks, but it's better than calling Ralph!

I know many fishermen, boaters and divers that use TripTone (Dimenhydrinate). My lovely bride says it works 100% for her. No obvious side affects on her.

I used Bonine on our recent dives. I had no issues, but the seas were very calm. Not sure if the Bonine was even necessary in those conditions but did not want to take the chance. We will find out for sure next time I am in 4-6 foot seas.

Another vote for Triptone. My wife always got sick on boats. I did sometimes. We were told about Triptone a few years ago, and have both taken it ever since. One pill the night before, and one the morning of the dive (45 minutes before). We haven't had any issues with seasickness since we've been taking them.

When necessary I have used TripTone. I have found that one pill 30 minutes before boat time is effective. Many dive shops carry it.
Agree!!! It works. Can buy at Wal-Mart much cheaper. One thing I get in practice of doing once in water is to put water in hood in ears to get the water temp the same. Prevents uw vertigo due to temp. imbalance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom