Need Help with weighting for my Fusion dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bubble wow thank you it really puts things in to perspective. I am definitly in the 0 to 10 stage. Really great information the kind of information that all potential drysuit divers should have. thank you very much. steve

Hi Boulder thank you for the offer to bad I was not in CO. That is very interested I just had an instructor tell me that she knows a guy who is 6'7 250lbs and he uses 30lbs. I believe the better one gets at managing the suit the greater the possibility of dropping weight. What is happening is after I have the weight to get down as I am swimming I tend to not stay at the same depth but change as I breath in and out. I think because I am not comfortable I am breathing to deep and not very relaxed. I will keep practicing. thank you

Hey TS that is such great information and makes sense the more weight the greater the bubble there fore the greater the expantion on accent all of this equals difficulty and frustration. This information really gives me incite and makes me feel my struggles are part of the learning curve. Thank you I will preserver. steve

Jac 3232 thank you it help me to see what others are wearing compared to their body weight and how much lead they use. Thank you Steve

Thank you OP for this thread! I have about 10 dives in my Fusion and another 12 dives in a tri lam. From the get go I have struggled with buoyancy, made even more frustrating by the fact my husband has no problem!

We have worked hard to get weights correct being a natural floater but we also dive more fresh water than salt water so have to keep changing.....During my dry suit course I had several feet first ascents which are scary - consequently I really dislike the "floaty feet" sensation. was doing well until got in a current situation and lost buoyancy feet first. Luckily my husband/buddy was very close, grabbed me and also spotted a 8 lb downrigger ball which he handed to me and I was able to get down and reorientate myself.

Like you say it is practice, practice , practice.

Thank you OP for this thread! I have about 10 dives in my Fusion and another 12 dives in a tri lam. From the get go I have struggled with buoyancy, made even more frustrating by the fact my husband has no problem!

We have worked hard to get weights correct being a natural floater but we also dive more fresh water than salt water so have to keep changing.....During my dry suit course I had several feet first ascents which are scary - consequently I really dislike the "floaty feet" sensation. was doing well until got in a current situation and lost buoyancy feet first. Luckily my husband/buddy was very close, grabbed me and also spotted a 8 lb downrigger ball which he handed to me and I was able to get down and reorientate myself.

Like you say it is practice, practice , practice.
Hi Acanthurus, you are welcome, the bottom line to master the Fusion is practice and have people help. Good luck. There is another thread that may be helpful it is titled.....How I dive.....The Fusion. It is a thread where people who own a Fusion post there weight, height, equipment, base layers, undergarments, how much weight they use or any other information. I started this to help people like me get an idea on how to set up equipment and weight. Hope it helps. take care steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom