Need help with wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am compiling a list of wrecks in American waters that have the most interesting history. They must be wrecks that tell us about a moment in American history, and have a dramatic story behind them like U-352 and City of Washington etc.

Id be grateful for any suggestions in this regards,

Thanks

SeaHound.

For east coast stuff check Gentiles Books and alsoDan Bergs

Hey Seahound - you want to look at a book by Robert F Marx - Shipswrecks in the Americas. For the record i dove the U-1105 in Chesapeak Bay a few weeks ago but i do not recomend the dive Vis is 3' and had bottom temp of like 52F. Will look for future posts. Good luck and God Speed! Dennis of Annapolis MD

if you want details of wreck (U-1105) or dive let me know. dennisdms@netzero.net

Are you asking for resources, or recomendations of actual wrecks. Are you interested in "artificial" wrecks such as the Oriskany? My all time favorite would be the USS Monitor.

Mike is the Monitor a dive that operators visit regularly ? or is it a charter deal and is it a hit or miss kind of dive - if you know and if you could recomend a particular operator let me know - dennisdms@netzero.net - thank you Dennis

Dont forget the Great Lakes!

Mike is the Monitor a dive that operators visit regularly ? or is it a charter deal and is it a hit or miss kind of dive - if you know and if you could recomend a particular operator let me know - dennisdms@netzero.net - thank you Dennis

I'm not truly sure but I think the Monitor is a permission only, expedition Tech Dive

Well my favorite Great Lakes story is the Great Storm of 1913. More than 250 sailors died during this incredible storm. The link takes you to my website if you'd like to read the story and see a multimedia piece my writing partner and I put together.
Much has been written about this storm and it's victims but we were still compelled to do a story of our own on it.

As for individual wrecks there are quite a few in the Great Lakes with great stories behind them.

I persl. think much of the American history scene can be found in The Great Lakes wrecks....no better place to find what you are looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom