need ideas, broken knife sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just took a picture and noticed I lied...no hole for the bungee, I just passed it through the strap slot:

c

That's exactly how mine is done.

It's gotta be the case that more knives are lost than sheathes, I lost one myself in a golf pond a few years back leaving me with a useless sheath in the back of my wardrobe that for some reason I never threw away. You could try putting a note up to see if anyone nearby you has a spare un-needed sheath due to a lost knife that they could send your way

Thats pretty neat couv thanks for the photo.Those who have used bungee, is that the cord with the two hooks at either end? if so how would you fix the knife to you? Do you just remove the hooks then tie it?

Thats pretty neat couv thanks for the photo.Those who have used bungee, is that the cord with the two hooks at either end? if so how would you fix the knife to you? Do you just remove the hooks then tie it?

You can buy bungy cord by the foot just like rope at many dive shops, boat shops and even some hardware stores or sports and outdoor stores. It's usually available in a variety of sizes to meet your needs.

Vicmac,

The bungee with the hooks on it is pretty big stuff and would probably be too large. I think the bungee in the picture is 5/32''

As far as attaching the knife; have a close look at the sheath. The top section has a sewn loop that I pass my waist strap through. Then the bungee loop secures the knife in place.

c

Back
Top Bottom