Need info on FINN LIGHT LONG 3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tickler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am having trouble finding information on this light. I have an opportunity to get one for fairly cheap but it is a used rental in decent condition. Does anyone have any experience with this light? What is their typical life span? Are there any problems with the battery as they get older? What is the overall build quality compared to some of the more well known brands?

Thanks for your help.

I am having trouble finding information on this light. I have an opportunity to get one for fairly cheap but it is a used rental in decent condition. Does anyone have any experience with this light? What is their typical life span? Are there any problems with the battery as they get older? What is the overall build quality compared to some of the more well known brands?

Thanks for your help.

FWIW, I have the FinnSub 1400 Short and the build quality is so-so. It stopped working so took it apart and internal parts are cheaply made. By the looks of it, moisture penetration (not flooding) caused the battery pack to short-circuit. The internal round cover that separates the battery (4 18650s with protection circuit) is held in place by 2 o-rings. I fixed the battery pack (sans protection circuit pcb) but the light head eventually gave out. What I do like about the FinnSub's is their design. But not to judge a book by its cover comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom