Need info on how to get web space for file storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reeveseye

Contributor
Reaction score
My current Internet provider is AOL, who only allows you to post photos on their do-it-yourself web pages. What I need, however, is some small corner of the web where I can upload data files and then provide a link so others can download them. I have no desire to create a web page, and wouldn't know how to do so anyway. A simple data directory that can be accessed by anyone through a link would suffice. Where could I go to find something like that (hopefully cheap)?

Try this online storage service. You can store those files, generate a share link and mail them to your friends/ partners, yet you have full control over your shared data. You can password protect it, fix the number of downloads before the link expires or even give rights for them to upload the edited file back into your own web space. :14:

Check with Pete, aka NetDoc here. Yes, the BIG guy. Part of his business is reselling web hosting and he should be able to point you in a good direction. The company he deals with is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom