Need info Vintage Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cby56

New
Reaction score
I have 2 vintage regulators I am looking to sell. I need more info about them, age, approximate value, etc. I will be posting on eBID (NOT eBay) Thanks, Carole

1) Aqua-Lung - (trademark) - Cousteau-Gagnan Process - U.S. Patent No. 2,485,039 - U.S. Divers Corp. - 1045 Broxton Ave. Los Angeles 24, Cal. - Serial No. 24845 -

2) Auqua-Lung - DA "aqua-master" - 2 stage regulator - Cousteau-Gagnan Process - U.S. Patent No. 2,485,039 - Other Patents Pending - u.s. divers co. - 3323 West Warner Ave, Santa Ana, California - Serial No. 256536.

The Aqua Lung trademark dates from the early to mid 1950's, the Aquamaster from 1958 to 1970.
Value is whatever someone is willing to pay. You can research what comparable regulators sell for on sites like Ebay. Value is dependent on condition, completeness and other variables.

They generally go for between $100 and $200 depending on the model and condition, although a spectacularly pristine or rare one might go for as much as $500 and a particularly worn one might only get $40. There's half a dozen on e-bay at any given time, but the prices generally stay low up until the final hours.

Thank you for your feedback. These belonged to my uncle. He and my father would dive in Lake Michigan back in the '50s. - Three years ago I sold my father's regulator. It turned out to be one of the first Aqua-Lungs - serial no. 3254 - and worth more than a few hundred. Since they often bought their equipment together, I wasn't sure if these were also rare. - I've heard about their experiences (they were part of a salvage team for Chicago and Waukegan, IL), but know nothing about the equipment. - Thanks for any info you can give me. Carole

I posted the regulators for sale via auction at eBid.net.
The links to view the regulators are as follows.
Thank you to everyone for their advice. I really appreciate it. Carole

1) Aqua-Lung - (trademark) - Cousteau-Gagnan Process - U.S. Patent No. 2,485,039 - U.S. Divers Corp. - 1045 Broxton Ave. Los Angeles 24, Cal. - Serial No. 24845
us.ebid.net/for-sale/vintage-late-50s-aqua-lung-regulator-24845-31353117.htm

2) Aqua-Lung - DA "aqua-master" - 2 stage regulator - Cousteau-Gagnan Process - U.S. Patent No. 2,485,039 - Other Patents Pending - u.s. divers co. - 3323 West Warner Ave, Santa Ana, California - Serial No. 256536.
/us.ebid.net/for-sale/vintage-da-aqua-master-regulator-no-256536-31353179.htm

Herman, here on SB, is a good source of info on antique regs. PM him, he's full of useful info.

Thanks Jim, some say I am full of other stuff as well. :)
Looks like the Capt and elmer have pretty much covered it. Condition, completeness (correct parts on the regs) and rarity all come into play. Regs with obvious incorrect parts drive down the value, if visible parts are not model correct, odds are the internals may well have been improperly installed or worse missing. Incorrect parts also indicate that the regs may be a "Frankenstein" reg, a reg put together with an assortment of parts, while these MAY dive fine it does impact their value a lot. Both of these regs (based on the photos) have several issues, there are several obvious problems with the regs, incorrect yokes and nozzles being the most obvious and detrimental to the value of them.

It kind of looks like the yokes (and yoke screws) were swapped. The yoke in the DA "AQUA-MASTER" looks like it is the one from the AQUA-LUNG (trademark) and the shiny chrome yoke in the AQUA-LUNG (trademark) with the tire thumb screw would be the one that belongs with the DA "AQUA-MASTER".

I can't tell if the first stages were also swapped or not.

IMHO, these regulators should be sold together (since the parts are mixed) to someone that is interested in restoring them.

I would agree with Luis on the yoke screws being swapped. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw them. Hopefully the seller will see Luis's posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom