Need input, Studio Blue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Riemer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Returning in May for the 4th year in a row to do some diving in Puerto Morelos and Cozumel. We dive with Dive Puerto Morelos and we've already booked with them this year. Our Cozumel diving has been with Deep Blue for the past three years. This year, the folks at DPM suggested checking out Studio Blue on Cozumel. Does anybody have any experience with them? I did a search but not much comes up that helped. Should we just go with the company we've been happy with (Deep Blue) or should we try something different?

Any input appreciated.

Scott Riemer:
Nevermind. If it aint broke, don't fix it, right? Booked with Deep Blue again.

Good choice if you're happy with Deep Blue.

Studio Blue is a very safe and friendly operation, but they do not visit the more advanced or further out sites and they do limit bottom time and dive the tables. They have a very nice boat, but slow and they don't tend to separate divers my abilities/preferences. I actually dove with Studio Blue alot when I was a new diver, and they taught me alot...it was more the crew back then than the operation itself, but it was still a very well run operation...just too conservative for most experienced divers tastes.

With all of that said, if you're used to the way things are done at Deep Blue, you probably wouldn't be happy with the way they do thisngs at Studio Blue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom