Need: Kayak Diving Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoupart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey there,
Anybody interested in kayak diving? I'd like to find a buddy in LA who's interested in it and hit up places around Malibu and Palos Verdes. I enjoy hunting and photography, or just sight seeing.

If you'd like to go sometime, contact me and we'll do some paddling!

-Jason

shoupart@yahoo.com

shoupart:
Hey there,
Anybody interested in kayak diving? I'd like to find a buddy in LA who's interested in it and hit up places around Malibu and Palos Verdes. I enjoy hunting and photography, or just sight seeing.

If you'd like to go sometime, contact me and we'll do some paddling!

-Jason

shoupart@yahoo.com
Hi Jason,
I'd be down to go, but I havent gone from a kayak before, and I dont own one. Where do you usually dive?
John

Hey John,
It's not too tricky. You just have to set things up a bit before hand- like tethering down your gear, packing stuff away in the reverse order you'll need it, etc. It probably sounds harder then it is.

I like diving around Malibu and Palos Verdes and want to explore more of those places with the kayak.

If you don't own one, there's usually a couple of listings for great used ones on Craigslist, or you could rent one from Sport Chalet- $45 for 3 days.

SNOBORDJON:
Hi Jason,
I'd be down to go, but I havent gone from a kayak before, and I dont own one. Where do you usually dive?
John

shoupart:
Hey John,
It's not too tricky. You just have to set things up a bit before hand- like tethering down your gear, packing stuff away in the reverse order you'll need it, etc. It probably sounds harder then it is.

I like diving around Malibu and Palos Verdes and want to explore more of those places with the kayak.

If you don't own one, there's usually a couple of listings for great used ones on Craigslist, or you could rent one from Sport Chalet- $45 for 3 days.

Normally I'd be down, but I just finished buying all my gear, and am trying not to spend too much money unless its a once in a while catalina trip or something. I would be down to go diving up there though, since Ive mainly been diving Laguna

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom