need Members for a Manitoba based private dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssdiver2003

Reaction score
Members needed to join a Manitoba (Winnipeg) based private and non-profit Scuba Club.
So far, i am the only one :11: . I am a Divemaster, looking to organize a dive club in Winnipeg with members from around Brandon or Kenora area. I have good connections to a lot of DS's for a cheap dip in the pool during the week, or even organized day trips on sundays (BOAT with a capacity of 8/ SHORE) in the closeby Ontario or Manitoba region. Also have good connections to a Diveshop / Retailer that would be more then willing to sell equip. close to cost price rather then regular retail price !!! I have access to all kinds of equipment for all sorts of dives. Big tent's and heaters for ice dives, TekGear and ALL Air fills.
Together we could start something great in a small style, we would not have to rely on the LDS's all the time, we could just do our own things, wherever and whenever. Plus a good way of sponsoring ourselfs would be through a little community involvement. I am also in contact with ScubaRadio for promotional items....thats what i have accomplished up to this date, but it would be nice if some of you out there would see that there is potential to grow, and would be willing to invest some time, pride and joy to get this baby walking !!!
Bike trips, weekend meetings in local parks, BBQ's ....the possibilities are nearly endless...my goal is to get people together, build friendships have fun and dive !!!
Should YOU be seriously interested, then be so kind and reply.

Thank you all for stopping by to read this thread.
Happy and safe diving :wink:

SSDIVER2003

Hi SSDIVER2003,

Great idea. Our fine provice can always use another dive club. However, I do suggest that you consider the question of insurance. Even your best friend may sue you if an accident should happen. If your club is sponsored by the shop you menitoned; you may be able to ride on their insurance policy (but talk to the shop and their carrier for more information).

Alternately, you can get in contact with the Manitoba Underwater Council, and get your club affiliated with them and insured that way. That is what my own club did. The website is http://www.manunderwater.com (I just finished putting it together, it needs more content, but I'm happy with it for now). You can contact the council at info@manunderwater.com (I'm answering the e-mail right now - I'm the most tech-savy person actively involved with the council, I get all the glory jobs).

Sean

How close do you have to live in order to become a member...

hey Dawg....

maybe you should come back home again, then we had a total of 2 members in da club....HAHAHAHAHAH
nice reply brother !!!

PS: i'm gonna miss you while little sista comes for a visit, was hoping i could dive with you.... :06: :06: :06: but doing the duty for the beloved white country is more important :11:

Take care bro, until next time

S...

tell her to bring gear might have the chance to go to table rock when she is down here, only 45 minutes from here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom