Need Oceanic Delta III manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianstclair

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found an old thread with a link to http://www.deepsouthdivers.org, but that page doesn't appear to have any links to anything scuba related on it anymore. Does anyone have any idea where I could get a copy of the service manual for the Oceanic Delta III second stage?

I followed that link before, and was able to find PDFs of the service manuals for a bunch of different regs, but now no luck... Maybe someone's got a downloaded copy they wouldn't mind sending me?

Brian

Thanks anyways - no worries.

Maybe someone can help me with the issue that I'm having. With a decent amount of effort, I'm able to inhale with the LP hose covered. My understanding is that I should not be able to do this and that that indicates a leak somewhere. I'm pretty sure the problem is that the diaphragm is not seated/sealed well. I took it out because I was curious what was underneath - not the smartest thing to let your curiousity run amok with the equipment that's supposed to keep you alive underwater.

First question - is this a serious issue?

Second question - any suggestions on what to do, short of paying to have it serviced? Not that I'm against paying what is, relatively speaking, a small amount to keep my life support equipment in tip-top shape - it's just that I KNOW about that option. I'm curious if there are any DIY fixes that I could try first.

Thanks in advance, and thanks cowjazz for the reply.

Brian

brianstclair:
Thanks anyways - no worries.

Maybe someone can help me with the issue that I'm having. With a decent amount of effort, I'm able to inhale with the LP hose covered. My understanding is that I should not be able to do this and that that indicates a leak somewhere. I'm pretty sure the problem is that the diaphragm is not seated/sealed well. I took it out because I was curious what was underneath - not the smartest thing to let your curiousity run amok with the equipment that's supposed to keep you alive underwater.

First question - is this a serious issue?

Second question - any suggestions on what to do, short of paying to have it serviced? Not that I'm against paying what is, relatively speaking, a small amount to keep my life support equipment in tip-top shape - it's just that I KNOW about that option. I'm curious if there are any DIY fixes that I could try first.

Thanks in advance, and thanks cowjazz for the reply.

Brian

What I'm assuming here is that you've disconnected the LP hose from your first stage and you are pluging the end while trying to inhale. If that is the case the problem is most likely that the diaphram is not seated. Unscrew the retaining ring for the cover. remove the face plate of the regulator. Pull out the diaphram and check for holes or tears. You can do this by making sure it is backlit and slightly streatching the material. If there is a hole or tear it should be obvious during this procedure. If the diaphram is free of defects replace it in the regulator body making sure it has seated around on the lip provided inside the regulator body. Place the faceplate back on top of it and the screw the retaining ring back on. One of the few other places it can be leaking from is the exhaust port. Make sure there isn't any debrit or salt crystals under the exhaust port seal. PM me if you're still having problems. I've got the service manual somewhere. If you still need it I'll try to find it and scan it for you.

Hmm...can't figure out how to pm the file, but I have the service manual as a 1.5mb pdf. If you pm me your email I will send it to you.

I would hook it up to a first stage with the dust cover on to be sure it isn't drawing air around your finger. Otherwise it is VERY straightforward to remove the front cover again. The trick seems to be putting the diaphragm back in then holding the front cover from turning while screwing the ring down. As has been mentioned check the diaphragm when you have it out and also check the exhaust valve to make sure it is fully seated.

Let me know if you need the manual...good luck.

Got it. I think I just had some sand in the exhaust port. Can't take much, because it was pretty clean. Thanks all!

Brian

Cool... They are pretty tough and simple regs.

Back
Top Bottom