Need Site Advice From Kl Or Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJoeBob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be in KL/ SG in May for work. I have found some weekend and day trips.
Can any one recomend any of these sites or companies?

• Tioman Island: LDS or 2 day with Wite Manta
  • Batam: 2 days on The Seaborne.
  • Indonesia: Anambas Reefs & Igara Wreck 2 days on DiveRACE E
  • Pulau Payar: day trips from Penang or Langkawi with EastMarine

(AOW-Nitrox)

Tioman is nice easy diving, White Manta a comfortable boat

Anambas : good visibility and healthy corals (although I don't know the impact of El Niño). Iguana is a fantastic wreck, easy to navigate. You can often see big nurse sharks there. Dive race is a decent boat although less comfortable than white manta

Batam diving is not as good as the above in my opinion. Advantage is that it is close see to Singapore so less cruising. Seaborn is a simple boat, one step down in terms of comfort.

Hope this helps

Can any one recomend any of these sites or companies?
  • Indonesia: Anambas Reefs & Igara Wreck 2 days on DiveRACE E
(AOW-Nitrox)

Dived with DiveRACE E in the Similans. Good boat, pretty comfortable, great crew. Planning to dive with them again. Have not been to Anambas Reefs though, so can't comment there.

Thank you all so much. This has been great advice.

I think I have decided to use DiveRACE to go to Anambas. Although I hear a little higher praise about the comfort, food and crew of the White Manta, I hear much better things about the sites, coral and chance to see larger sealife at Anambas / Igara, than Tioman.

I am willing to give up a little comfort for better diving

DiveRACE has some very positive comments on their Facebook page too.
I am a single AOW/Nitrox diver so if anyone is in the Singapore area and wants to join on May 13-15, message me. (helarno? Wingy? ....)

I am a single AOW/Nitrox diver so if anyone is in the Singapore area and wants to join on May 13-15, message me. (helarno? Wingy? ....)

Would love to, but I've exceeded my dive trip quota for that period. Wife starts complaining when I go diving too often :p

Have fun! Would love to see a review when you get back.

Back
Top Bottom