Need some help: Dual Ikelite DS125 substrobes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl_Fallon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
G'Day guys / gals.

I have just added a second Ikelite DS125 Substrobe to be setup. I have been having some issues with correct usage / lighting.

• I have got the left strobe connected to a Black Ikelite sensor with manual controls. (I am not sure on the specs as i am at work and dont know from memory)
  • The right strobe is connected to a Grey Ikelite 'Slave' Sensor.
Does anyone have this sort of setup? If so please give me advice on what to do. I am having issues with both strobes lighting the subject correctly.

I was sooo easy with only one strobe. I simply put the strobe on TTL, and adjusted the intensity using the sensor adjustments. But now with two, geeze,... i am pulling my hair out! :confused:

Should i be using TTL setting on the strobe or full manual adjustments. Full, half etc. etc. ????:confused:

What is the best way of controling the strobes, using the sensor adjustments, strobe adjustments, ??? Any ideas on how to help???:confused::shakehead::confused:

Cheers everyone.

Yours Truly,:14:
Carl Fallon

G'Day guys / gals.

I have just added a second Ikelite DS125 Substrobe to be setup. I have been having some issues with correct usage / lighting.

• I have got the left strobe connected to a Black Ikelite sensor with manual controls. (I am not sure on the specs as i am at work and dont know from memory)
  • The right strobe is connected to a Grey Ikelite 'Slave' Sensor.
Does anyone have this sort of setup? If so please give me advice on what to do. I am having issues with both strobes lighting the subject correctly.

I was sooo easy with only one strobe. I simply put the strobe on TTL, and adjusted the intensity using the sensor adjustments. But now with two, geeze,... i am pulling out! :confused:

Should i be using TTL setting on the strobe or full manual adjustments. Full, half etc. etc. ????:confused:

What is the best way of controling the strobes, using the sensor adjustments, strobe adjustments, ??? Any ideas on how to help???:confused::shakehead::confused:

Cheers everyone.

Yours Truly,:14:
Carl Fallon

Try setting up the primary strobe on ttl -if you have true ttl via a sync cord ,and the second one at power setting that is dictated by your subject /camera distance found by its guide number or use the decal that gives suggested f stops-power setting for a given distance that came with the strobe.
Or use manual controller power settings for required subject -distance and set the second strobe on a slighly less power setting,enough to eliminate shadows.
Or I believe that you can get a dual sync cord that handles ttl and plug both strobes into it,if it is available from ike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom