Need Someone to Dive with In So. Cal in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got4boyz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I am going to see my brother in Harbor City in mid-September and would love to do some diving while I am there, but my brother doesn't dive and I'll be alone. I've never dove in So. Cal, so I'd like to do some shore diving to see the kelp, a trip to Catalina if I can work it in and find someone to dive with, and a night dive if possible.

I would be available to dive on Thurs. the 18th, Friday the 19th and Mon the 22nd and Tues the 23rd. Oh, maybe not the 23rd, not sure since my flight leaves 10 AM on the 24th.

I can't dive Sunday, and probably shouldn't dive on Saturday since my brother is only off for that weekend.

Let me know, I'd love to meet and dive with some of you.

Thanks, Beth

Hi Beth,

The BC's usually have a night dive on Thrus. nights so keep a eye on the BC's section on here.

John

Thanks for the info. I checked out the calendar and there is a trip to Anacopa on Thursday the 18th I'd be interested in, but I'd need a buddy.

I've had to slightly alter my schedule. I'm only able to dive from Wednesday the 17th thru Friday the 19th.

Someone PMed me and suggested I let you know my experience, so here it is:

I have been diving for 10 years and have about 70 dives. Most my diving has been in Cozumel (since I lived near Houston and it was quick and cheap to fly to Cancun!) and the local, murky lake we lived by when we were in Texas.

I've done only about a dozen shore dives, that was in Hawaii and Florida, and various lakes here and there.

My greatest asset is that I am very comfortable diving! :)

Hmmmm...

My kid will be back from the sandbox by then, If he gets some leave time I'll see what I can do.

They can usually pair you up with someone on the boat too. (Instabuddy)

And by the way-

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

"Thanks for the info. I checked out the calendar and there is a trip to Anacopa on Thursday the 18th I'd be interested in, but I'd need a buddy."

Beth, That is the day the "BeachCrabs" are on board the "Peace" .... you will have no problem
getting a dive buddy with the BC's... just let them know when you board that you are a "visiting
BeachCrab" and your'e in!!!!

TC:
And by the way-

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee, thanks!!! How did you happen to notice it was my birthday? I couldn't go diving so I went hiking this afternoon and to my son's first football game this evening instead! (Well actually I guess technically that all occurred yesterday since it's 2 AM at the moment. LOL)

dwaters, thanks for the info. I definitely will try and make this dive then. Do I need to reserve it soon, or can I just show up that day? I like being flexible especially on vacation.

Now I've got one dive day taken care of thanks to y'all. I'd still like to dive either Wednesday the 17th, or Friday the 19th. Maybe a shore dive and a night dive would be nice if anyone has a dive planned and could include me.

Thanks, I love this place. Can't believe I was gone so long (2+ years) but that's what happens when you move and build your own house! : )

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom