Need suggestions for upcoming trip to Melbourne/Pacific Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mountainsean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks-

I have a business trip to Melbourne in early March and would love to get in a few days of diving. I have a dive buddy who will be in Singapore at the time, and probably 4 days available for both travel and diving, so we're trying to decide what makes the most sense to maximize good diving and ideally minimize travel/expense. That could mean I fly to Singapore to meet him, he flies to Melbourne to meet me, or we both fly somewhere else in-between-ish (Indonesia?). I realize SE Asia is *massive*, so this is a very broad request, but I'm trying to get a few ideas to narrow down the possibilities. Is there good diving in/near either Singapore or Melbourne? Is there a site that's easy to get to from both cities with even better diving?

Thanks,
Sean

Bali sounds like one such place. Meet in Bali with direct flights from both cities. Stay in a place like Padang Bai, 90 minutes from the airport and within 60 minutes of all the best dive sites. Sharks , turtles, mantas, lots of macro and wrecks.
Enjoy a different culture in a laid back traditional village. Relax on the beach after your dives. Grilled fish for dinner...

Hi Sean,

There is 'good diving' in Melbourne - do a search on Yellow Pages to locate stores & check out the websites. Other choices may include Sydney or Brisbane. Do not know about Singapore. However, as your buddy is in Singapore, factors such as time, flight availability/scheduling and convenience suggests Bali as being an attractive option.

Back
Top Bottom