Need suggestions on finding a charter boat for Saturday, October 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue steal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all California Kelp divers.
Well the VIS today at flat rock in Palos Verdes was 20'+ according to a group I talked with while biking around PV to check all the usual sites. The ocean was as smooth as could be all the way from Malaga to OML. The weather was great also.

Need suggestions::confused:

Some coworkers and myself are looking for a charter boat to go out on Saturday, October 17. This is the only day we can get together as a group and was hoping there might be something out of the Long Beach, San Pedro area.

Thanks..................can't wait for the fall/winter diving "season".
:mostlysunny:

hey blue steal, three of four of us are in the same situation... all our favorites from that area are on multi-day or booked as a private party for that date. The Sundiver Express is doing a 3 dive that day vs. their normal half day boats. (love their half-day 2 dives on the fast boat, just not too excited about a full day with little seating or "real" food)..... we are talking about going to Avalon to dive the park or a trip to SanDiego or Ventura. Leaning toward a full day on Catalina.
Hope to finally meet you in person that day if we end up the same dives.

The Sundiver Express might be worth checking out, it's a fast little boat out of Alamitos Bay. While it might not be quite as comfortable as some of the larger dive boats it is faster, you'll get to Catalina and back in record time.

Actually the multi day trips run on Sundiver
(big live aboard style boat with full galley)
I'll be on that 3 day from the 14-17th.

the Sundiver Express is the smaller fast boat
that may be doing a one day charter on Oct. 17th.
definitely worth checking out.
great boat and they do 1/2 and full charters.
Dive Boat Sundiver

Correct. Thanks Baja! However, once we've expanded her ocean's route, I can see exclusive limited load camping style hunting trips to outer islands like Nicholas. She can get there in under 4 hours, and I have PLENTY of crew willing to 'rough it' for the opportunity...lol :blinking:

Express already has signups for the open boat on the 17th, so is unavailable for full charter that day.

See you under,
Captain Kyaa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom