Need to transfer warranty to a new shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boiler_81

Contributor
Reaction score
The shop I purchased my XTX200 set from is no longer in business. It is time for my service and the shop I want to have do the service says they can not verify the regulator has been serviced annually and therefore can not do it under warranty. What is the process to get the warranty transfered?

Hi Boiler_81
It sounds like there may be confusion between the Limited Lifetime Warranty and the Free Parts for Life Program. These are two different programs. If you purchased your XTX200 from an authorized dealer, it is covered against defects in parts or workmanship for life. Any dealer can make good on this warranty.

The Free Parts for Life Program is different. The terms of this program require that you get your regulator inspected or overhauled each year. You are required to present proof of prior service to the store doing the work. This proof can be in the form of service receipts or signed entries in the technician's log found in the back of the owner's manual or on the owner's CD. In this case the shop is correct. Do you possess any document that shows prior services that you can present to the new shop?

You are correct, at issue is the parts for overhaul. I will have to look and see if I have anything from last year.

I have a related question to the parts for life program. Is that program only for regs purchased in North America? I was looking at buying a XTX100 second stage from a retailer in europe and wondering if parts for life program still applies?

I have a related question to the parts for life program. Is that program only for regs purchased in North America? I was looking at buying a XTX100 second stage from a retailer in europe and wondering if parts for life program still applies?

Call Aqua Lung HQ (located in Saanichton, BC) and ask them directly: 250.652.5881.

Call Aqua Lung HQ (located in Saanichton, BC) and ask them directly: 250.652.5881.

I Called them, they said that the parts for life program does apply to Apeks regs bought in Europe as long as a record of their purchase and service record is maintained. Just for anyone else out there who ever wondered that :wink:

All,
Please realize that the Free Parts for Life Program program is different in the USA. In the USA, the regulator must be purchased by an authorized Apeks dealer in the USA. Also, the program is not global. You could not take the Apeks regulator that you bought in the USA, over to Croatia for example, and demand free parts. They would laugh at you.

All,
Please realize that the Free Parts for Life Program program is different in the USA. In the USA, the regulator must be purchased by an authorized Apeks dealer in the USA. Also, the program is not global. You could not take the Apeks regulator that you bought in the USA, over to Croatia for example, and demand free parts. They would laugh at you.

Interesting. My XTX200 was bought in the US and I have no problem getting free parts under the warranty for it here in Canada. Perhaps Croatia laughs, but Canada certainly doesn't.

All,

So if I do buy a Apeks XTX200 in Europe, say England, I will not get parts for life as long as I get it regularly serviced?

That's correct. The Free Parts for life is not attached to the regulator by Apeks in England rather it is a marketing program paid for wholly by the USA to support Apeks sales in the USA. Canada does their own program which is similar but more liberal due to smaller marketplace. Bottom line: the Free Parts for Life is not a global program.

Back
Top Bottom