Negril Jamaica Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just booked a trip to Negril for May 24th. Can anyone recommend any good dive ops to use while there? I like the smaller boats and prefer one that will pick me up at my resort. We are staying at the RIU Negril. I heard good things about Sundivers there, but I emailed them about a week ago and haven't heard back. I'd prefer to go through someone who can at least respond to my emails. :)

Any advice/suggestions from anyone who has been there would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sundivers is right across the bay from Riu, so pickups should be available. They were an excellent diver shop but are now under new ownership in the last few months and I don't know who the DM's are or who is runnign the place. I hear Emilee has retuned to the states and Myron has moved on. Therefore, I can't recommend them at this time.

I hadn't heard about Myron, but I did hear that Marshall moved on.

I've got a connection, whom lives in Point Village. I'll email them and find out what's up at the shop.

Hi galscuba.
I know the new owners of sundivers @ the point village hotel and Myron is still there as are alot of the other members of staff.
i went diving with them in August and had a great time the dives went out right at 9:30 am and most days it was a two tank trip we would get back at about 12:30 pm or so, and they picked me up from my hotel.
so to pick you up from the Riu should be no problem your hotel is just 5 mins away from them hope i have helped you
divergod

My contact got back to me today:

They indicate that Myron and Andrei are still there. However, Marshall did move on (I wonder if his little brother left as well?). The diving with them, under the new management, is still fun.

If they really want a quiet dive it will probably be one as they only have 1 or 2 divers a day. ....the dive sites are the same they will enjoy a nice dive with not so many people around .
I'm assuming that this is due to the time of year.

BTW~ Paul will pick you up/return you to RIU (no charge). Call them as soon as you get to your resort. Just make sure to indicate which RIU you are at as there are two RIU's next to each other.

Thanks for all of your responses. I guess I'll email them again and hope for a response!

I'm heading to MoBay next June. Any recommendations for dive op's in MoBay?

I went with Sundivers in November. They are really friendly, and they picked me up from Idle Awhile, which is probably about a mile away.

They had two very good divemasters, but be aware that this is a small, no frills operation with a small boat and no extras (like mask goop, food or water), and somewhat sporadic punctuality. You will be doing your own change overs.
They tell you all this ahead of time when you call them, so that you know to bring your own stuff. So it wasnt a big deal to me.

They gave me a bc with a big leak though.. -Didn't tell me that ahead of time!!

They brought us back in between dives to rest. I dont know if this is routine, but it was nice as the water was a bit choppy.

We saw a few turtles, but no dolphins. I'd go with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom