Nekton Cachalot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Nekton website has a link for this new boat "coming soon" for quite some time now. Anybody have any info when, or where it will go?

Supposedly it's the Rorqual that is going there though.

The new Nekton boat is scheduled to be the Nekton Norqual. It's construction is scheduled to begin in the next couple of months. The Cachelot is Nekton's research vessel. It maintains moorings and looks for new sites. The Rorqual is scheduled to begin trips to Mona Is in Puerto Rico at the end of December. Eventually, the Norqual might take that itinerary by itself but that's at least two years away.

Capt. onboard the Nekton Rorqual

I apologize for my mistake. I was corrected by another member of this forum on the name of the new Nekton boat. It's not the Norqual. The correct name is the NORWHAL.

I just booked the trip and am ready to dive. This sounds like a fantastic trip and I've heard great things about the crew.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom