Nemo gets "Bent" make that Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lars2005

Contributor
Reaction score
After having recently had the band on my Nemo replaced, after 19 dives, I hit the road to Cocos Island....guess what, 19 dives later the band broke again. Now the protracted process of mailing the damn thing back to Mares...first got to get a return authorization number through a dealer, then mail it off and wait over a month to get it serviced and returned. Any else having trouble with the bands on their Nemo's. Lucky it anchors at two points or else I'd be looking for a new computer. Qtherwise a great little device that works flawlessly!!

Lars,

Where are you located? If you are in North America it does not take this long. It should also be the same in any country. A band can be ordered by any dealer and shipped out the same day. It is not complicated to change the band.

Let me know,

Regards,

Phil

Phil - I live in Tampa, FL. My local dealer World of Water has been great in getting me RA# to return for service (mailed back 04/12)...seems that only by returning the Nemo to Mares will the band be replaced under warranty. The option we were told was $40+ for a new band. My concern is the fact the band has now broken twice!! Fortunately their are two separate mounting point, or else Nemo would have been part of Davey Jones Locker. Have others been having the same experience? Great computer, just seems to be a weak link; at least for me. Thanks Larry

Phil - I have another issue relating to the RGBM and the Nemo. I have the downloader, with the 2.2.2 software. According to my residence computer geek all systems are go, yet I can't get a download, I keep getting an error messages. Any ideas??? The read does seem to be working. It was suggested I also to inquire if the hardware (reader) is available with a more user friendly USB connectors??

Larry,

Not sure why you have gone through two bands, we have not had an issue with breakage.

If you send PM me your email address, i cn have tech support help you with the download. There is no USB connector at this time.

Phil

Phil - Thanks for your quick response. The Nemo and the M-1, both models are great computers, offering a conservative profile for us "older" divers. MY LDS sent my Nemo back under DIVE51600808080 on 4/12/06 for band replacement. Is the Nemo glass protector (#414901) still available?? You can pass my email address on the PM re the download issue lealarry@gmail.com.
All the Best,
Larry

Phil - I live in the Greater Tampa, FL area. I sent my Nemo back under DIVE51600808080 on 4/12/06 for band replacement. Can you give a status update. I'd also like to get a glass protector (414901). Can you send one with my Nemo when you return it my LDS with a bill?? Thanks Larry

I had the same problem with the download...I went and found M1 was checked instead of Nemo....I also had the watch placed by the IR wrong...IR should be vertical with the cord on top and the watch facing the blue part with the 6 o'clock area in line with the receptor

lars2005:
Phil - I have another issue relating to the RGBM and the Nemo. I have the downloader, with the 2.2.2 software. According to my residence computer geek all systems are go, yet I can't get a download, I keep getting an error messages. Any ideas??? The read does seem to be working. It was suggested I also to inquire if the hardware (reader) is available with a more user friendly USB connectors??
I had the same problem with the download...I went and found M1 was checked instead of Nemo....I also had the watch placed by the IR wrong...IR should be vertical with the cord on top and the watch facing the blue part with the 6 o'clock area in line with the receptor

Don Wray:
When I get my nemo back following the my second band, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom