Nemo Wide random depths and temperatures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scc135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I have a Nemo Wide but it ocassionally gives me random depths and temperatures, For example, on a surface interval I all of a sudden get a 1 minute dive to 115 ft. It beeps as it's a fast ascent alarm, and then shows a dive. Or during a dive in Bonaire, it measures the temperature at 40 degrees. It's not an continuous thing, it just seems to get one random reading and then continues to operate normally. The temperature seems to get a random reading only during the dive, and the random depth reading is only when it is during a surface interval, not underwater, and not when dry (storage), only when drying I suppose would be the best term (an hour or two after coming out of the water).

Try changing the battery, even if it doesn't show as depleted yet. I've had some weird stuff come up lately; a fresh battery solved it all.

Yeah this occurs with my Nemo Air as well. The computer will flash random numbers that make absolutely no sense. The battery check shows "battery ok." However, after replacing the battery, everything works normally. I'm not sure how long your batteries last but on my Nemo Air, I have to replace it every 1.5 years.

I put a fresh battery in and it did it pretty much the next dive. Don't think it's that. I could check the actual battery voltage though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom