Nerf Dive Flag Float

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rat314

Registered
Reaction score
Springfield, Missouri 30 Miles North of Branson Mo
Actually not a NERF Float, but my friends made a comment that my new Dive Flag Float looked like it was made by the NERF company.

I recently made a float using those pool noodles, (found at the local Wal-mart for .97 each.) Being somewhat of a cheap skate, I actually found the two I used for mine on the side of the HWY 65 near Branson.
I pushed one end of my flag pole down through the middle of the central float cut 18" long then using cable ties, I fastened 6 more sections cut to 12" long apiece around this central float.
A small weight attached to the bottom of the flag pole keeps the flag upright and also allowed me to attach a down line to it as well.
I bought a shock corded fiberglass tent pole to use as the flag pole. (This was sold as a Tent Pole repair kit for $3.99 at Bass Pro Shops.)
This allowed me to decided what height I wanted the flag to be off the water, plus makes it easy to break down for transport and storage.
I dont yet have any pics but may in the near future if anyone is curious and wishes to build one of their own.

MikeS;
I didn't actually make the flag itself from foam....But that isn't a bad idea at all.
I have taken pics of my float and will have them developed this weekend to post.
The rig works very well and I am happy with its performance in the water. Plus with the floats made in many bright colors, it is easily seen from a distance.

Back
Top Bottom