Neutral Bouyancy?????????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol

dont get me wrong my bouncy isnt so bad that im yoyoing
but when i do a mid water hover such as the budda it takes me a few seconds longer than it should (or what i think it should)
today i dived in my first dry suit .......oh so sweet

i was doing a lake dive with my class when my friend decided to pull out ...guess who got his dry suit mahaha

my wet suit is a semi dry with a dry zip,wrist cuffs and neck colar

but it had nothing on this ....i found it easy to get neutral water
water temp at 20m was 4'c .....FOUR DEGREES!!!!!!!

i was cold ....but not as cold as the others...........hope he doesnt dive tommorow:D

graet posts guys i know this is an area which people dont like to mention so i thought i would start a thread about it

I found my buoyancy improved an awful lot when I started taking pictures underwater. It improved hovering no end.
Maybe it's a useful exercise to pretend you're a photographer :wink:

My GF and I used to have super bad bouancy.

So I did some reading... my weight with a 3mil was 12lbs and my bouancy was all over the place, sink like a rock or float up, not good, girl friend, same way.

Dive masters got snippy with me over the amount of weight because first thing I did was strip the weights off and try it, I went from 12lb to 6lb, I'm 206, 3 mil, fresh water, 6lbs and *****in good bouancy now, just deflate the bc all the way and use my lungs to determine my bouancy, I can change my breathing to raise or lower in the water, I had to argue with a dive master, she got real *****y and acted like I didn't know anything cause I"m a newbie OW and told me I needed at least 20 lbs :eek:

So I ignored her, grabbed my six and headed for the dock, she went and got the instructure, being pissy saying I was about to mess up or something, so he came over and watched me do my weight check and said I was good to go :)

so my girl, 3 mil, light as a feather, cant' remember how much weight that had on her, but I took her down to 3, showed her how to get off the surface and let the pressure do the rest, now she has good control..

don't overweight, I"m no pro, I'm a newbie, but I know that too much weight will blow your bouancy control!

Exactly...

But beware...

Weighting is one of those things where less is best as long as you don't go too far.

It is possible with some configurations to start the dive negative enough to get down but then not have enough weight at the end to stay at 15 for the safety stop or not be able to control the speed from 15 to the surface.

FIXXERVI6: it sounds like you got your ideal amount figured out OK for your 3ml shortie.

Be aware that the difference in boyancy of a brand new wetsuit and a well used one can be several pounds (especially with a thick, full body suit). The air bubbles trapped in the neoprene will get compressed with age (some small amount of the trapped air can get squeezed out of the rubber over time).

Back
Top Bottom