Neutrally Buoyant Camera Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should is a strong word...whatever works is fine. I only mentioned the plastidip to present options for others reading the (other) thread.

Should is a strong word...whatever works is fine. I only mentioned the plastidip to present options for others reading the (other) thread.

Well, my Krylon paint is already getting scratched and showing the white PVC underneath. I'm making a second buoyancy tank and am going to try a "leak seal" spray paint that is a rubberized black coating. I couldn't find Plastidip but I know what it is now. My dad used to dip his wrench handles in it.

Well, my Krylon paint is already getting scratched and showing the white PVC underneath. I'm making a second buoyancy tank and am going to try a "leak seal" spray paint that is a rubberized black coating. I couldn't find Plastidip but I know what it is now. My dad used to dip his wrench handles in it.
When I painted PVC with Krylon Fusion I put about 4 coats of color and 5 coats of clear. It made it pretty durable. But with something as flexible as foam I think the rubberized coating would be better.

Back
Top Bottom