Never thought I'd see this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdTravels

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Sorry guys but this is not an ID question... I just thought a few of you diving and marine life nuts would enjoy this. (also couldn't think where else on the board it would be appreciated).

Last night on a night dive here on Utila I saw some thing unbelievable. (and I've done a lot of night dives here) It was getting towards the end of the dive, maybe 35-40 mins in and one of my student divers had a little float up towards the surface (we were only 5m deep and he swam over 2 other divers who's bubbles made him rise a few meters). I watched him correct himself and then saw something, at fisrt I though a very large and strange worm...(sorry leslie it wasn't) then I thought eel, free swimming near the surface...unusual. Then I saw the head.... blow me it was a snake.... no not a sea snake they don't exist in the carib/atlantic. As I got closer it was actuallt swimming on the surface toward land and was a boa....about 2 1/2 feet long.
Well cool... it'll certainly stick in my mind for a long time... just wanted to share.

Take care and happy, safe diving.

Ad

Back
Top Bottom