New 6.92" Megalodon Tooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have any links talking about how to get started in finding them? Since I started diving a few years ago I have really wanted to find one. Not the biggest one... just a nice one!

EDIT: Whoops, I see you have a link in your sig. Thanks in advance. :)

Also Matt, a few years ago Mark Renz wrote a book called "Hunting The Hunter" Mark asked me to write about diving for Meg teeth. If you get the book and go to the SC section you will see where I wrote how I find spots to dive for teeth and a section on diving hazards related to Meg hunting. It really is a good book.

Thanks!

That is very kind, thanks a million!

Really nice find!!!!! I'm planning a trip soon and I'm torn between the Cooper and a North Carolina coast dive. Never thought much about the Savannah... How far inland on the river are you hunting?

Nothing beats viz when you cant see your guages! HAAA Been there done that. I just love hearing the Gulf Divers talk about te viz sucked you can only see 20 feet! They would freak out in places Ive been. Best of all you cant tell if its a log or a gator that bumps your head! chances are slim for issues of food chain conflict but currents, logs, limbs, line and ledges are not good but can only be training from each dive you go on. You just cant panic.

I cant wait to get up there and dive some dark water for teeth or whatever. If you ever need someone let me know a few days ahead so I can get ll my gear juiced up! Im only like 8-9 hours away!! LOL HAAAA

My best find....

IMG_5967.jpg

bigtooth.jpg

Nice find!!! I always said the same thing about diving in the Gulf. I could not understand why they needed so much visibility. Then I dove there and saw all the spiny urchins. Diving blind there would tear you up. Plus there is so much growth on everything that you would never feel a meg tooth like we do here. They know what they are talking about. I really feel for them down there with that oil spill.

Nothing beats viz when you cant see your guages! HAAA Been there done that. I just love hearing the Gulf Divers talk about te viz sucked you can only see 20 feet! They would freak out in places Ive been. Best of all you cant tell if its a log or a gator that bumps your head! chances are slim for issues of food chain conflict but currents, logs, limbs, line and ledges are not good but can only be training from each dive you go on. You just cant panic.

I cant wait to get up there and dive some dark water for teeth or whatever. If you ever need someone let me know a few days ahead so I can get ll my gear juiced up! Im only like 8-9 hours away!! LOL HAAAA

My best find....

dang that thing is sick

That is an absolute beauty! I wish I could find one like that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom