New aquarium in the Phoenix Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I thought I would pass along something fun to do. If you are not aware the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park is opening a new aquarium as one of their exhibits. I was able to take a back stage tour of their facility last week and I am really excited to have something like this locally! The exhibit covers three buildings with room for expansion in the future. Additionally, if you don't want to do the whole tour you can see the shark exhibit from a new restaurant that has an entrance from outside of the zoo. I believe the aquarium opens to the public on December 29th.

If you don't know where they are located: 16501 W. Northern Ave. Litchfield Park
Basically it is on Northern just east of the Loop 303.

Inland Water Divers LLC
13250 W. Van Buren Rd. #116
Goodyear, AZ
Not all dive shops are created equal, find out why Inland Water Divers is the only NAUI Pro Platinum facility in Arizona​

I thought I would pass along something fun to do. If you are not aware the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park is opening a new aquarium as one of their exhibits. I was able to take a back stage tour of their facility last week and I am really excited to have something like this locally! The exhibit covers three buildings with room for expansion in the future. Additionally, if you don't want to do the whole tour you can see the shark exhibit from a new restaurant that has an entrance from outside of the zoo. I believe the aquarium opens to the public on December 29th.

If you don't know where they are located: 16501 W. Northern Ave. Litchfield Park
Basically it is on Northern just east of the Loop 303.

Inland Water Divers LLC
Goodyear, AZ
Not all dive shops are created equal, find out why Inland Water Divers is the only NAUI Pro Platinum facility in Arizona​

Yeah! I saw somwthing about it on the news a couple of weeks ago. I inquired about doing some volunteering in the aquarium; like cleaning them and such stuff. They said that they weren't using volunteers in the aquariun exhibits for another year. I was thinking about checking it our over the new years holiday.

Steve.

I went to the aquarium today. A little pricey. $86 for 2 adults and 2 children. I understand there is an aquarium only option, but only after 5pm.

The three buildings are nice. And, once they get everything up and running, it should be a nice little aquarium. It's very exciting to see an aquarium in the desert. Additionally, I think there is a lot of room for expansion.

Set your expectations: It's new, it's not sea world, it's got a lot of potential.

Critique: Could be better organized. Opening of exhibit was a bit premature; still a lot that's not up and running.

Suggestion: Offer a discount to anyone who shows a Scuba certification. :D

///

We went today (Sun 12/21)
I will definately agree about the price. It would be worth looking into a year pass if you plan on returning, expecially if you have tween age kids. Kids price for day pass is ages 3-12 vs 3-17 for a season pass. Not sure why the difference but its a big difference in price.

As I mentioned before they had a soft opening last week however the actual grand opening is not until the 29th of December. I am sure they will have the bugs worked out by then. The crew working on the project have been involved with opening several other aquariums and are a professional knowledge group of people.

Before we get too critical lets remember that they are just opening up and getting started.

Inland Water Divers LLC
Goodyear, AZ
Not all dive shops are created equal, find out why Inland Water Divers is the only NAUI Pro Platinum facility in Arizona

Last edited:
I'm glad the aquarium is up and running! They were in the planning stages for quite a while!

Sounds like it is pretty nice, I'll have to go and check it out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom