New Atomic SSI Safe Second

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris3536

Reaction score
Friends,

I know some of you some of you fellow readers are not to high on using an Air 2 or Alternate Inflator/Octo. instead of a conventional octo. My goal for poasting this thread is not to reopen the debate over these pieces of equipment, but to simply give an honest review of a new piece I have added to my gear.

I just purchased and tried the new Atomic SSI Safe Second. Dove it today at Gilboa. It is great! My dive partner and I practiced an out of air situation with it. It worked great! It breathes just like my Atomic B1 !!!!!

For someone of limited ability like myself, it was an easy install. Trust me, when I say limited, that is compliment!

Anyone considering a purchasing an Air 2 I highly recommend the Atomic. It fits on just about about any model of BC, you can install it yourself, it has a 2 year service period, and breathes great!

Now if I could just get my hands on those new Liquid Blue Splitfins!

I have only a couple of dives on it and so far so good. I want to try it at depth and see how it breathes. Despite all the negativity on these types of devices, I have had no problems with them. I take VERY good care of my equipment and to-date [knock on wood] have had no malfunctions. I have tried the AIR2 at at +100 fsw and found the breathing comfortable. I am sure the SS1 will perform as well.

And besides, black & red are much better looking that black and turquoise :eek:ut:

Otter

I have seen it. I want one, but my Seaquest AirSource is less than a year old and in good shape (I also take good care of my gear.) so I can't have one! ;-0

(Also known as I have to spend my gear budget on other things. Like another set of doubles for weekend wreck diving trips.)

is that you can't justify buying replacement equipment. My solution, but a second BCD. Then you need a new SS1. Thankfully, my boys dive as well, so they get my hand me downs....

Back
Top Bottom