New Book, DIVER.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I loved doing the last one sooo much I am already half way throught the next one. Only this one is not a biography.

This one is my first ever attempt at a novel, and I'm loving it. With my last book, ([GOOGLE]DIVER Tony Groom[/GOOGLE]) I had to check everything, casualty figures, dates, names etc. I had to seek permission from the real people in there, and from official bodies. That bit was a bit like pulling teeth.

BUT, with a novel, you can't really upset anyone. You can just let your imagination run wild. Especially in the diving parts.

They say write about what you know, and diving has been my life. I've never had another job, well not since I was working on the petrol pumps at the tender age of 16! So this is a diving/sailing novel. The first line and first Chapter are underwater.

So, watch this space. I am tempted to test the waters and put a bit on here. What say you?

Tony YouTube - Deeps47's Channel

DIVER DIVER. A diving book. Diving, scuba, saturation, a life under water.

Definitely... go for it!

I don't know whether I should post any of the new NOVEL stuff on here. I've already had one post taken off for advertising!

I might have to ask the site managers where to post it.

Tony

I finished reading the book a few days ago. Wow, it was a pretty good read. I always liked the vignette approach to telling ones story about diving. You did a nice job Tony. I vaguely recall the Falkland Island war you so poignantly remember. No glamorization, just the straigth impressions on the events. I have a friend with the Marines in Iraq (a kid I coached in boxing, no not sadisitically like the boxing instructor at your school) and I will be sharing some of my impressions about the book with him. I am adding this book to my list of publications to recommend. I may write a longer review later on my dormant blog as part of a bibliographic essay on these personal recollection books on diving. Will keep you posted.

Thanks a lot for that. I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and it is always nice to get to hear people's thoughts on it.
It would be dead easy to just finish it then chuck it in the corner and forget about it.
If you do a review, could you paste it onto Amazon as well for me? I have lots on Amazon.co.uk, but not so many on the .com site.
Can I ask you where you are and where you picked it up from?
Tony

Thanks a lot for that. I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and If you do a review, could you paste it onto Amazon as well for me? I have lots on Amazon.co.uk, but not so many on the .com site.
Can I ask you where you are and where you picked it up from?
Tony

would be happy to paste it into Amazon

Got the book directly from the Sheridan Press following your links. Ordered it and received it in the space of five days, not bad for service to Anchorage, Alaska.

banana.gif
wavey.gif

WELCOME TO
:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:

I'd love to write about diving, but I'd have to learn to spell and use proper english ... :(

I'm half-way through this book and I LOVE it! Some of the stories literally made me laugh so hard I cried!!! So far its definitely one of my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom