New Camera (A640)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nerobanchee:
I am also thinking about one of the Canon's A series... I am having a hard time deciding between the A620, A630, or the A640... the A620's price is tempting, but I really want to hear some feedback before I make my final decision. Let us know how the 640's pics turn out!
I bought an A620 last May and the Canon housing. Works great for me. I am by no means pro, not even a good amateur, I just like to take pictures. One of the things I like best about the Canon, is the manual white balance. I am still working on learning to use it, but when you remember to do it properly it really improves the shot.

I have some pictures posted here if you want to look at them. All the picts from Roatan are from the A620. There is video from a rig trip (Whale Shark) which was taken with the A620 in pretty much just point and shoot mode. I didnt take time to try anything fancy.

I take so many pictures that I started putting them on Flickr instead of my own site to conserve bandwidth on my server. All my pictures on Flickr are with the A620.

Willie

I have the A620 and love it. I am just an amateur UW photographer but the quality has exceeded my expectations. I have had the canon housing down to 145-150 feet several times and have not had a leak yet. I do not have strobes... i just use the built in flash and sometimes get a little help with my HID canister light.

You can check out our website to see some of the pictures taken with this camera setup... http://www.sarasea.net/diving.htm

Everything from Roatan, Honduras (Dec 2005) on has been taken with the A620.

Originally Posted by nerobanchee
I am also thinking about one of the Canon's A series... I am having a hard time deciding between the A620, A630, or the A640... the A620's price is tempting, but I really want to hear some feedback before I make my final decision. Let us know how the 640's pics turn out!

FWIW - get the highest resolution available... if you ever need to edit you will be glad you did!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom