New Canadian Diver in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nawtical

Reaction score
I am back from working in Saudi Arabia and I have been trying to find some info/sources on freshwater hazardous marine life. If anyone knows of any I would be greatful. I have been diving for over 30 years and I am particularly concerned about our aquatic environments and I am studying to protect our precious resource.

Yours in Diving, James A. Cormier CSE, CD :doctor:

Don't know much about hazardous Marine life in the Great Lakes.. cept for perhaps the "Common Boat Driver" diverflagus ignorus or its smaller and louder relative - the Seadoo Driver diverflagus racearoundious

But hey - welcome back to Canada...

Hmmm - that CD behind your name - is that "12 years undiscovered crime"?

Welcome to the boards from south of the border! :D

Welcome back to Canada, and to the neighbourhood.

Hazardous to us or to the environment? I don't think there is marine life too hazardous to us (unless you eat some fish from some area) -- though I have seen a few aggresive muskie, but moving away from their neighbourhood has halted the aggression. However, zebra muscles, the snake fish and a few other invasive types are not great for the local marine population.

Though the zebra muscles have done a wonderous job of cleaning up the viz for us.

Back
Top Bottom