New Curfew?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As in the past, on the Bay Islands, with luck- this too shall soon pass.

The former President snuck back in and has taken refuge in Tegucigalpa on the mainland at the Brazilian Embassy.

The airports were shut down for the evening hours on Monday.

That should give them plenty of time to get things up and running on the Bay Islands for the weekend.

BTW- You may have read that curfew thing you asked about, and it may come to pass (again), but so far there was a 26 hour curfew announced yesterday afternoon- ostensibly to keep the flow of demonstrators to a minimum. You may read "other things" too, both on the news wires and here on SB, too.

It's an adventure, aint it?

Last edited:
Curfew started at 4pm yesterday afternoon according to my friends down in Roatan for 26 hours (6pm tonight). The island is quiet and the attitude seems to be that curfew is an "annoyance" as it's interfering with the island's tourism.

Just as long as everything re opens for a short window the morning of the 10th so our flight from Houston can land I'll be there humming "No Problem, No Worries"!

Just as long as everything re opens for a short window the morning of the 10th so our flight from Houston can land I'll be there humming "No Problem, No Worries"!

Actually the flight leaving Houston on the 26th is slightly more important :cool2:
It is an adventure isn't it!

I am personally more concerned with the flight on the 17th. If I have to declare Force Majuere on the 24th, it will be ok. :)

It is rare that events on the mainland affect life on the islands very much. They will do everything they can to keep the touristas coming. My flight there is on Oct 10, returning Oct 24. I expect that all of this will be resolved by then. Even if it is still up in the air, it should not impact Roatan.

Just my opinion, after numerous trips there.

Joe

The word is that the curfew has been lifted for the Bay islands. No idea yet how this will affect flights.

Back
Top Bottom