New D rings to new 12' Saturn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new 12 Saturn and I want to glue two new D rings to the inside of the boat. What way to go ? glue to collapsed tubes or to fully inflated?

You might ask this question on the iboats.com forum under inflatables. However, in the past when I have glued "stuff" to my tubes I had them up to about 80% pressure or a bit more.

N

Thank you for your feed back.
I followed your advice and I have a few answers.
On another note from other forums I find, looks that you have dove from an inflatable here in palm beach county where I live. My main concern is leaving the boat unattended while diving.
Is it so bad to do this especially when you have a expensive GPSMAP?
By the way what do you use to find the reefs or wrecks ?
Thank you
Paul

Yes, but it was in a time before GPS. In Palm Beach I used an old book that had triangulation diagrams from landmarks. A method hardly used these days. As to leaving your boat unattended, again, since it has been years since I dove there I cannot provide guidence. I suspect that nobody would bother your boat but given the current there perhaps drifting with it on line would be better than anchoring.

You should be able to use any Lowrance or Humminbird or Garmin sonar/GPS combo for accurate location of reef breaks etc.

Good luck.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom