New dive buddy for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
WHOO HOOOOO wife completed her open water last weekend and is now ready to jump in. We already have her gear so now I don't have to worry bout finding a dive buddy. We,re in hernando co so if anyone wants to go let me know:)

Your screwed dude...! NOW its going to cost you twice as much to dive...!!! :( Seriously, my wife dives as well and we like different types of diving; me, the NC coast, high current, depth, and such. Her, 80/80 so we compromise a bit... I will do many dives with buds off the NC coast or Cooper River and such while she will hit up a trip or two with her friends to some easy Bahamas diving but we do many trips to Bonaire and Honduras together... Its great when we do dive together as she is a very good diver, pays attention to exits or rallying points while I can just putz's about oblivious to our location (kidding to some extent). Still sux cause it cost twice as much but then, she puts up with me so I take it as a wash!!!

Best thing about the spouse diving... more dive time with less hassles!!! The other perk is she gets alot of my hand me downs e.g. lights or computer as I always like to upgrade every few years when it makes sense... :)

lee

my thoughts exactly Lee. we had been purchasing her gear over time and we got some great stuff for her at pretty decent prices. The majority of our dives will be in the springs around the state and possibly some shallower gulf stuff and of course the carribean. The one good thing about all this is I was able to score a new apeks xtx50 cause ya know honey you got all new stuff and I have all this old stuff boo hoo.

Rich52 I am also located in Hernando County. I do most of my diving off my own boat, in the gulf of mexico. My buddies and I primarily spearfish. I have not been out in about a month, but I there are some really cool places. Problem is they are a LONG way offshore, and I am generally making 35 mile trips one way to get in water 80' deep!
If you wanna go out sometime PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call when the next trip comes up!

Where you put in salmon? Im a spearo as well.

---------- Post added November 27th, 2012 at 01:07 PM ----------

And i have a offshore boat too :thumb::hijack:

Your screwed dude...! NOW its going to cost you twice as much to dive...!!!
sad.gif

Actually, what you do is give her your "favorite equipment" and then you have a perfect excuse to get that new equipment that you have been eyeing without you feeling guilty or her giving you a hard time about buying more stuff!!!!

Hey guys

I have a biller 36 mahogany that has never been in the water...and its miiiiiiiiighty thirsty. Lets go shoot something

That can absolutely happen my friend, most of the sharks are gone right now and the cold keeps the wimps out too so its a good time to go out. You go on the water with me and i can all but promise some blood on that biller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom