New dive shop in Annapolis on the water!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmiah

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Atlantic Edge Dive Center is opening up a second dive shop in Annapolis right on the South River at the Liberty Yatch Club Marina.

The new store is going to be really cool - it is located at the yacht club, so it’s right on the South River. But the coolest thing is that it has its own pool feet from the store as well as a sand beach for beach dives in the river!

They are having a Polar Bear Dive/Swim off the beach at the new store on Jan 3rd to celebrate the new store opening so bring your dry suits!

Anything in the river to see when diving? My folks live off the Severn in Annapolis (just above the Severn River Bridge) so it would be a fun little diversion while doing the family obligation thing. Also, do you have a scuba rangers program or anything for kids?

The vis is pretty low in the river (4 feet or less) but it is still a lot of fun, you can find oysters, old glass bottles, fishing rods, maybe even a shark tooth fossil, etc.. the beach area were diving goes to about 12 feet deep so its pretty easy diving. I know Atlantic Edge has a SCUBA camp for kids along with a bunch of other programs.. give them a call or check out the AE website, www.atlanticedge.com

Anything in the river to see when diving? My folks live off the Severn in Annapolis (just above the Severn River Bridge) so it would be a fun little diversion while doing the family obligation thing. Also, do you have a scuba rangers program or anything for kids?

They actually have a dive camp for kids during he summer. My daughter did the camp a couple of years ago and loved it. She also came out with her OW cert.

They actually have a dive camp for kids during he summer. My daughter did the camp a couple of years ago and loved it. She also came out with her OW cert.

I read about that, he'd love it. Problem is he's only 8 and you have to be 10 to do the camp. Scuba Rangers is for 8 - 12 year olds, but it's not available at any shops in the area.

I read about that, he'd love it. Problem is he's only 8 and you have to be 10 to do the camp. Scuba Rangers is for 8 - 12 year olds, but it's not available at any shops in the area.

My son is in the same boat, he really wants to (and has for a few years), but he's only 8. I hope that when he's old enough he is still just as interested.

I went to the Grand Opening today and had a good time. There were six of us that entered the water. Only one of the six had a dry suit. I think he was the smartest of the pack! Air temp around 26 degrees with 10 mph wind. Water temp approximately 31-33 degrees based on different computers. Visibility of about 12-18 inches. Definitely a cold dive, but fun and the staff was very friendly. The new store is in a great location and very nicely set up. Thanks Atlantic Edge Scuba for a good day!

My son is in the same boat, he really wants to (and has for a few years), but he's only 8. I hope that when he's old enough he is still just as interested.

Sorry, kind-of a thread hijack but....

I'm planning on taking my son to Rawlings this summer for a weekend and teach him to snorkle with fish and maybe let him snuba a bit using my pony as an airsource with his snorkle vest. It's that next step to me, he snorkles in the pool, so next in a lake with fish (fish that are somewhat agressive since they equate people to food) to see how he responds to that in an environment I can control.

I went to the Grand Opening today and had a good time. There were six of us that entered the water. Only one of the six had a dry suit. I think he was the smartest of the pack! Air temp around 26 degrees with 10 mph wind. Water temp approximately 31-33 degrees based on different computers. Visibility of about 12-18 inches. Definitely a cold dive, but fun and the staff was very friendly. The new store is in a great location and very nicely set up. Thanks Atlantic Edge Scuba for a good day!

It looks like a great spot. I was in town that weekend, but left on Sat afternoon so I couldn't make the opening. It's definately on my list of places to stop by this winter.

Back
Top Bottom