New Dive Shop in Boca Raton - Brownie's Dive and Paddle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Errol Kalayci

Contributor
Reaction score
Browie's Dive and Paddle just opened in east Boca Raton on Glades Road just before Dixie. Don't know if anyone else has seen it, but it reminds me of an Apple store. The shop looks awesome with a large selection of Stand Up Paddleboards, Halcyon, Scuba Pro as well as Brownie's Third Lung and yacht toys. They bank 32% Nitrox and have an innovative tank valet system where they take care of your tanks like propane now days or can fill in your car. Seems pretty cool, they were just opening up when I stopped in. There Grand Opening is this Saturday and are having a big sale on various items. I will be off racing a triathlon and won't be able to make it. The shop said they are owned by Brownie's parent company, a public entity.

Brownie's took over the space after Boca Dive Center closed. You would not recognize the place as it looks completely different and a million times better than when they bought it from Boca Dive. I think they bought some of the leftover gear to liquidate at the Grand Opening. They have a state of the art nitrox machine there and tons of banked 32%. Worth checking out.

I wonder if this the old Boca Dive Center?

GEEZ!
A Soamelt sighting.
I though he was dead.
Or maybe.......
The first Zombie typist in history.

Chug
Wowee...32 whole percent!

We have been filling tanks with long whips in vehicles for years in “Cave Country”. Just be aware of the cool down pressure drop 200-500 psi depending how fast and how hot they were filled. Some overfill to cover that....
Fins Up!!
www.cavedivefl.com

I am a long time diver from Ohio, but new to this site and new to Boca Raton.

I was told that the new Brownies Dive and Paddle in Boca is actually a second shop for Pompano Dive Center.

I recently made a few dives from their shop in Pompano, and was very happy with the operation.

If they start running dive trips out of Boca, it would be a lot more convenient.

What other information can the members here share about diving in the Boca area?

Thanks.

Jim

I am a long time diver from Ohio, but new to this site and new to Boca Raton.

I was told that the new Brownies Dive and Paddle in Boca is actually a second shop for Pompano Dive Center.

I recently made a few dives from their shop in Pompano, and was very happy with the operation.

If they start running dive trips out of Boca, it would be a lot more convenient.

What other information can the members here share about diving in the Boca area?

Thanks.

Jim

South Florida Scuba Diving with Diversity Charters,South Florida Dive Boats,Diversity Dive Charters South Florida,Boca Raton Deerfield Palm Beach Ft. Lauderdale,scuba diving boats south florida,south florida scuba diving,florida scuba diving charters

Decisions...decisions... this place is pretty close to me, BUT, the state of Florida did spend $40 million to put a bridge over the railroad tracks on Dixie Highway at the Boca - Deerfield Beach border which now saves me as much as 47 seconds on a run down to Fill Express. Plus I no longer have to cross the railroad tracks. No one has been killed there in a very long time, but ya never know. I am wondering, though, when the first person manages to jump the new bridge. They'll have to be going pretty fast to achieve bridge rail escape velocity, and at the max height, those people are going to have a really fine final ride.
Now a lady jogger did get her foot cut off by an FEC locomotive a few years ago right next to Fill Express when she was taking a shortcut crossing the tracks and got her foot stuck somehow. That jogging is some dangerous stuff. Diving is way safer - you can only get hit by a boat from the surface down to 3 or 4 feet, and in a 90' dive, that's nothing.
The banked stuff is a good idea. I maybe only got gas a couple of times at Force E because they only did partial pressure fills and they had those useless water bath tanks. I like the people there a lot, but that shop is designed just plain wrong with that ugly fill station at the store entrance.

Nice shop. I don't think they are filling Nitrox at the store yet. I believe they send them to Pompano. Should be nice when they have the whips to fill tanks right in your vehicle. That will save a lot of tank schlepping!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom