New Dive Shop in Tuscaloosa, AL!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noladiver... do they have a website yet when you went in ?

bamamedic.... maybe they are a diveshop and a bar. nothing wrong with a dive shop that has kegs on tap for a cold beer.. :D

The Reef bar is located a few blocks from the Reef Scuba shop. WOuld be a good idea ,though....

Now, if they would just combine the two, then I would be as happy as a pig in...well... you know. :D

They do have a website, but it's not nearly finished yet...and after doing yet another extensive Google search, for the life of me, I can't find it again. It was something like thereefscuba.com...but that wasn't quite it.

We have owned and ran an air station for years (18 years owner of marine construction and dive work shop) also Worked in Oil and gas for 11 winters got (AWS API ASME IX)welding certs up the wazo we have continious flow eanX mix gas blender( helox trimix eanx what ever you want) I got my certs with Hal Watts(deep diver) 40 FATHOMS --Cave Cavern GAS Blending At the Commercial Divers Academy in FL. We also build and rebuild most makes of compressors In house (Tuscaloosa) ...
learned from the best there too...(August Industries TX.) We don't have to Test to know We KNOW IT's CLEAN You can go to Birmingham and all over the state to get air fills and while you are there ask them who built there air station.
I dont see the conection w/ credit card to air fills. no CC = bad air? I don't want to sound pissy but I hate credit cards thay can suck the life out of a small shop like ours. If we find a c.c.c. that will give us a rate of 7 percent and less than 150 dollars a month sevice charge and will not sell my customer info. to internet retailers, who we compete with every day, we will offer Credit Cards.
Heck, bring a check or the nearst atm is 100 yard down the street...
hell we offer 30/60/90 day no interest no money down.. and our loyal customers get free PURE AIR FILLS on us :)-

I dropped my tanks off today and was not so pleased to find out that they do not take any type of credit or plastic as of yet. This would lead me to believe they don't have a website. But good news is that their fills are only 5 bucks!!

I dont see the conection w/ credit card to air fills. no CC = bad air? I don't want to sound pissy but I hate credit cards thay can suck the life out of a small shop like ours. If we find a c.c.c. that will give us a rate of 7 percent and less than 150 dollars a month sevice charge and will not sell my customer info. to internet retailers, who we compete with every day, we will offer Credit Cards.
Heck, bring a check or the nearst atm is 100 yard down the street...
hell we offer 30/60/90 day no interest no money down.. and our loyal customers get free PURE AIR FILLS on us :)-

I agree with you that credit card companies put a pinch on the retailer. The "small retailer" feels it a little more because they don't have the bargaining weight to get a bigger deal like the "big box vendors". But there are credit card companies that will process for less than the rates than you post above.

I'm not sure how you will compete though if you don't take credit cards.... but I wish you luck in your business strategy.

I mean we live in an economy now where most people I know won't buy gas at a gas station unless they've got "Pay at the Pump".

I would say that unless it's just a couple buck accessory item, 95% of the stuff I've bought from my LDS is via plastic. I just don't want to hassle with having to go to the ATM or carry a checkbook to buy something. just my opinion.

Today, credit cards are just a cost of doing business for the retailer.

EDIT: If you do start taking credit cards, perhaps you could offer a "CASH DISCOUNT" to those those who bring in Greenbacks. Might stimulate your sales and you don't have to pay those nasty credit card fees.

Last edited:
I just bought all new gear from The Reef and I could not be happier. Everything works perfect and with me being new to dive Marcus took his time to explain all the gear to me. Marcus if you read this, thanks for going to Smith Lake with me Wednesday, I learned alot.

I'll agree with ya a 100% Mike. You see the TV commercial of the folks holding up the line at the checkout counter - that commercial could not be further from the truth.

I've gotten used to not writing checks, and its soo much easier to keep a electronic record of your purchases when you get your monthly statements. I only have two notes that I pay monthly that are not even done by automatic payment, and its hassling enough to even log into my account to key in the amount for those two. I'll be the first to admit, today's technology spoils the crap out of me.

But getting back to the point of the post. As a consumer, for me at least, I enjoy the satisfaction of knowing my items will be insured by my card if for some reason something goes fluke.

Kenny

O.K. We got a point of sale system in Thur and we hope to have it up and runing this week..
Thanks for your opinion..Please let us know if we can do any thing else to better serve the the local dive comunity..
It's your shop.... I just run the dang thing.

Dive Dive Dive
Marcus
The Reef SCUBA Shop

Any time brother,
This town has been neglected for years (not pointing a finger) but it just has..
That will stop !
I did't do anything that any GOOD shop would have done for you.
We thank you for your business.
As for the dive I had a BLAST too!

Dive on

Marcus

Good news everyone! The REEF Scuba Center in Tuscaloosa,AL is building a new website. It is still being made but there is already good info on it so check it out at reefscubaAL.sports.officelive.com !!!

Back
Top Bottom