NEW!! Dive the airplane at Kirkfield!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks S.H. I amy have to do that sometime this summer when I have a chance. Pretty hectic right now .I haven't even got wet this year because I just finished a 2 1/2 month period of working 7 days a weeks, but I usually start up in Late march / Early April.

Dale

Today we spent about 6 hours at Kirkfield re-positioning the plane.
It is no longer on top of the cruiser but is upright about 50 feet away towards the center of the quarry.
Now it can be used for navigation exercises which was one of the original intentions.

Have fun!!

nice job from the beginning...........thanks.......your's, Peter M's and Ken's efforts are appreciated...........
it's always fun diving Kirkfield Quarry, and now there's something new......

John Van de Broek
TAM Dive Peterborough

Thanks for your encouragement John.

In case you missed the first post in this thread, I mentioned that John Van de Broek was part of this project. I'm glad he's pleased with the results and hope he gets to see and enjoy the plane soon.

I do appreciate the mention.....................
I did get the chance to dive the plane actually the day after you all sunk it........landed well on the cruiser (hee hee) I hear it's now in a new location.........I'm looking forward to checking it out..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom