New Diver in Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilhatchet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey All
My name is Carl I started diving in July and just got Advanced through PADI at KAdena Marina here in Okinawa. I have 26 dive or so. Luvin it here. Here is what I found out for getting a Class 2 Japanese boating license fir anyone wanting to get one while in Okinawa. Talk to the Harbor Master or Dave at Kadena Marina they will call the agency off base to get you on the list once they have 4-6 people or so and they go over the test with you give you the answers. Then you do the practical part driving the boat slalom through some bouys and dock the boat. It costs around 500 dollars. Anyone wants more info let me know I can get in contact with Dave. They are fairly flexible on the times for the classes too from what I understand. I will post any additional info I get later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom