New Diver in PCB looking for a dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, but I've had my basic open water cert for about a year. I'll be in Panama city Beach, Fl for about the next 1.5 weeks. I'm hoping that I can find a dive buddy willing to dive with me so that I can check out some of the local sites.

A little bit about me as a diver:
I own all of my own gear ( including tanks which are currently full ) so I'm ready to go with almost no notice.

I have 2 aluminum 80's
Dive computer, compass and all of the basic gear
I also have 2 sit on top kayaks and a marine GPS unit with me if that helps

I currently have 4 dives
My max depth was 75ft
I have not yet experienced being narced

I fairly new to scuba, but I've been free diving on and off for about 10 years so I'm used to staying calm and collected under pressure.

I'm on a budget, so I'd prefer shore diving unless some cost effective boat transportation could be worked out.

If it would make a difference I could get my nitrox cert in about a day

I'm hoping to be able to dive some wrecks or reefs ( if there are any ).

Welcome to ScubaBoard. A great place to be during surface intervals.

Try posting in Deep Dixie Divers, under Southeast U.S., which is in the U.S. sub forum. I have found buddies that way on the panhandle. The best shore dive in the PCB area (only one?) is St. Andrews State Park at the jetty, as you may already know. Viz can be good to awful (at least in winter, I don't know about other seasons). Normally I'd want to buddy up but don't think we'll "snowbird" this winter.

Back
Top Bottom