New diver looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdkvcr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a fairly new diver with 10 logged dives -- took my open-water last summer, went diving in the Red Sea in the fall, and just recently started doing some dives in B.C., but keen on doing some more.

Anyone looking for a diving buddies who doesn't mind going with someone who's still learning the ropes? My schedule changes, but I'm often around weekends and occasionally during the week when my work schedule allows.

You have options.

-Find out when the various shop dives are and get out to them, meet divers, exchange numbers. Some shops just do scheduled weekend dives however other shops do a mid week dive also.
-call your LDS and ask if they know of anyone going out
-Start a thread on here, scubaboard, and post when and where you want to dive and open it to anyone that wants to come
-Join in on any of the dives that are posted here on SB
-Join the various facebook pages for dive shops and post on there

There are more options but this should get you going.

oceanquest does dives on the weekend.. they have a DM.. and they dont charge anything.. unlike some others shops that charge you 75-150..

and thier rental gear is primo.. balanced regs.. new drysuits..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom