New Diver Looking to Dive in LA Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guitarcrazy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am in the LA Area for about 6 weeks for work and would like to take a dive while I am here. I just purchased my gear and would like to take it for a trial run. Anyone take a boat dive from the Long Beach, Newport Beach area? Any recommendations for an operator or dive buddy to contact? I have 13 dives, all done in the Cozumel area so no experience with this cooler water area. I do have a 7 mil wetsuit so hopefully that is enough. Thanks for any suggestions. JB

I am in the LA Area for about 6 weeks for work and would like to take a dive while I am here. I just purchased my gear and would like to take it for a trial run. Anyone take a boat dive from the Long Beach, Newport Beach area? Any recommendations for an operator or dive buddy to contact? I have 13 dives, all done in the Cozumel area so no experience with this cooler water area. I do have a 7 mil wetsuit so hopefully that is enough. Thanks for any suggestions. JB
I suggest you add a hood and gloves.

Join Power scuba on meetup and you can get in on one of the upcoming boats. This Saturday there is a boat going to Catalina 3 tanks only $100. The pier is in San Pedro.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have joined Power Scuba and will try to go out with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom