New Diving Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcrews5508

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok Guys need your thoughts. Just about to begin my second season of diving and am curious as to what you guys do to refresh yourselves after a few months off? Last season I was certifed, took Nitrox and AOW and made 12 dives. What do you guys suggest i do to knock the rust off after a few months off?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated

A pool dive just to get back into the swing and then get out there and dive dive dive. (Pool session next week for me, hopefully with a warm water trip shortly thereafter.)

I never stop diving over the winter ... season is year round.

We cold-water divers have it lucky! We can always dive.

If you've been out of the water for a while, taking a refresher course, or at least a pool session with your local dive shop is a good idea. You should get your regulator inspected and serviced, too. If you own tanks, get them to a shop for visual inspection (and hydro testing if they are due for it). Put all of your gear together and check for leaks, then test each of the functions on your BCD. You can also have your dive shop inspect and test your BCD if you're not confident about it.

Make sure that your mask strap, fin straps, mouthpieces and so on are in good condition, not cracked and dry.

Check the batteries in your lights & cameras.

Try on your wetsuit to make sure it still fits!

Make your first dive back in the water an easy one, to make sure you're comfortable with all your gear, and do a weight check at the beginning to ensure that you have the proper amount of weight. Even if you're wearing exactly the same gear as last season, your body may have changed during the time you were out of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom