New DM!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! Well done .... but don't forget to get more experience being a DM. That will only help you in your instructor endeavours.

YES - I agree 100% - help out with as many classes, pool sessions and dive trips/checkout dives as you can.

Congrats!

Thanks again guys. I'm helping out with classes about every other weekend now. It's been very interesting. I've seen everything from the wide eyes of panic during mask clearing, to someone totally freezing on an open water check out dive. I've helped my first student overcome a equalization problem, and I've been finned in the, uhm', "boys" by a 13 y/o girl trying to figure out how to turn around in the water colum.

I signed up for my IDC in March 08', should give me plenty of time to practice, learn, and gain experience. Turns out my LDS is an Instructor development center, so I don't have to go to another shop for this. From what i'm hearing I'm lucky in that respect. I never realized only a few shops teach instructor classes?!

I started mine 2 weeks ago, congratulations!

Congratulations on finishing the course!

It took about a month for me to get my card after finishing, but I made a move from the UK back to the US in the interim, so maybe that's not typical.

I qualified DM almost 2 years ago, but as entering an IDC is on my New Years Resolutions list!

Chris

I just got back from a Blue Hole trip w/my instructor with some OW students. We froze but it was an awesome experience.

Congrats. Boy 11 days until AI. Wow no time to bath in the glory of being a DM?

Congrats. I'm almost done myself. I only have my "Rescue Assessment" left. This is on Monday...so I'll be joining the ranks as well. My IDC begins in March too. More study, more physics, more fun...

:multi: Way to go! :multi:

Just starting myself. . .

Cheers,
L.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom